Adam Stringham was joined by: Chris Watkins, Namita Nandakumar, Garik16, Shayna Goldman and Carolyn Wilke to redo the 2017 NHL off-season!
Here are the rules that we used for the mock off-season:
- The rosters were rolled back to the start of free agency.
- The Salary Cap has gone up 10% to 82.5M
- Max contract length is 5 years
- There are player and team options (so Connor McDavid could sign a 4 year contract with a player option for the 5th year)
- All no trade clauses are void, and teams can go over the cap to sign their own players (up to $90M)
- There is no compensation for offer sheets. the team can either match or the player walks for free.
Any comments are appreciated, the goal is to produce a podcast that people want to hear. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!