When you bring the best players and coaches together, entertaining things happen. Not only that, but many of the tactical habits employed by elite hockey team are actually not so hard to grasp.
Here are five teaching points brought to us by The World Cup Of Hockey 2016, broken down and served up in just over one minute apiece:
1) Transition Play: Team North America’s Neutral Zone Mastery
— Jack Han (@ml_han) September 9, 2016
2) Defensive Zone Play: Team Canada Defeats The Dump & Chase
— Jack Han (@ml_han) September 11, 2016
3) Offensive Zone Play: Team USA Pinches To Maintain Possession
— Jack Han (@ml_han) September 16, 2016
4) Special Teams: Team Canada Ticks All The Boxes For An Effective Powerplay
— Jack Han (@ml_han) September 18, 2016
5) Individual Play: Canada & Team Europe Players Stick To Fundamentals To Create Goals
— Jack Han (@ml_han) September 26, 2016
Jack Han is the Video & Analytics Coordinator for the McGill Martlet Hockey team. You can find him on Twitter or on the ice at McConnell Arena.